Friday, April 3, 2009

Do You Stumble?

I'm not a huge fan of social networking for the sake of promoting my business. I just don't have the patience or the energy to really put a true effort into doing it "right."

And apparently it would be a waste of time anyway.

This is a great article by someone I found linked through the Switchboard forums (love that place) and I found her insight to be refreshing. And comforting.

It's good to know that my efforts can be better spent actually designing jewelry than making myself crazy twittering and stumbling and pimping myself on Facebook.

I enjoy Twittering actually but not as a marketing tool...just for fun. I've also learned some great information about a variety of topics from those folks I follow. I do post sometimes about my work but mostly it's personal stuff or interesting tidbits I think others will find interesting.

So don't knock yourself trying to get the most stumbles or tweets. Everyone else is doing it and I've found that when everyone else does something I usually want to go the other way.

No comments: