Sunday, May 3, 2009

Inspiration

It can come from all sorts of places. I find a lot of inspiration when people make custom requests on Etsy using Alchemy. Sometimes I bid and sometimes I don't, but just reading through the requests can bring on inspiration.

The latest one that caught my eye was a request for a necklace and earrings set to match a really lovely dress...if I had a slimmer body I'd totally wear it. :)

The request was for a chain style necklace with beads that would match the dress...purple and brown. When I made my bid I also suggested that ivory be added for a little pop.


So I took some photos of some beads I thought would work, along with some chain options. We went back and forth a couple of times to knock out the particulars and then I created a set, including a matching bracelet. I like how it turned out so much that I made myself a set with different colors.

The chain and wire is all sterling silver, which I antiqued and I love the way it came out...not too dark, almost a coppery color.

I didn't make myself a bracelet but I like how hers turned out. It's adjustable in length with a larger sterling silver lobster clasp.

It's fun to work with someone to create a new design and I can totally picture her wearing this set with her new dress.

No comments: