Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cord Blood Registry (CBR) Participates in New Study

I'm sure somewhere on this blog, way back when, I wrote about having Marshal's cord blood stored when he was born. Since my family history with cancer and just knowing all the horrible things that can happen I wanted to be on the safe side.

We picked Cord Blood Registry as the company to guard our son's stems cells. They keep up regular communication with us and recently sent an e-mail out about a new study they are participating in.
"...the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston...launched an FDA-regulated trial looking at cord blood stem cells in the treatment of pediatric traumatic brain injury (TBI). ...

Ten children, ages 18 months to 17 years, who have access to their own cord blood stem cells at CBR and who have suffered a recent TBI (within the last 6-18 months) will be enrolled in the study."
This is very exciting. It amazes me how technology and medicine advances and makes me feel a little less worried about the future. Marshal has access to his stem cells now and into his adult years in case he needs them.

If you know someone who is having a baby, I highly recommend looking into cord blood storage.

No comments: