Thursday, May 19, 2011

Getting in Shape

I joined the gym. Again.

When I was pregnant with Marshal I went there for the Water Aerobics class but now that I can move outside of water I decided it was time to lose some weight and get in shape. I was getting winded doing the simplest things. The first two weeks were the hardest but I'm really getting back into cardio. 

I've taken Zumba classes too...those are intense workouts. And my trainer is my own little slice of hell. I've decided to start calling those sessions my 30 minutes of hell. But in a good way.

My goal is to be able to keep up with Marshal without needing oxygen. And it's actually nice to be able to go to the gym, put my ear phones in, and read while doing cardio. It's "me" time. 

Maybe this whole kitchen remodel thing has inspired me to redo more than just our house. 


Marshal and me after my exhausting workout this afternoon. He's chillin'. I can barely hold the book up.

No comments: