Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Someday When I Grow Up...

I want to enter the Saul Bell Design Award contest put on by Rio Grande.

I'm not sure that I'll ever have anything "good" enough to really compete...some of the past winners and entries are just completely amazing to me and make my jaw drop.


First Place Winner in the Beads Category.
Jonathan Rutledge,
Jonathan Lee Rutledge, Evanston, Illinois


Grand Prize Winner 2009
Gold/Platinum - Geoffrey Giles, Geoffrey Giles Jewelry, Asheville, North Carolina

Second Place—PMC®
Gail Crosman Moore, Orange, Massachusetts

I can't believe that's the SECOND place winner for PMC!!! I just shake my head in awe.

So maybe someday...but it won't be for 2010. If you're interested though they're starting to take entries. Entries are due by September 18, 2009. There are seven categories...

  • Gold/Platinum
  • Silver/Argentium Silver
  • Hollowware
  • Beads
  • Metal Clay
  • Enamel
  • Emerging Artist

The grand prize is a $10,000 gift card to Rio Grande! Holy Cow! But that's not why I want to submit something someday...I think just submitting something will mean that my confidence and skill have risen. Today neither are high enough for me to go through with it. :)

3 comments:

Sandee said...

You were kidding about the joke right? Right?

"Captain Cook made three trips around the world and died during one of them. Which one? “

The last one. Bwahahahahaha. :)

A said...

I just love the Gail Crosman Moore one. So beautiful!

LillyShayStyle said...

Congrats on your win! You got the beautiful Rose Afghan!