Friday, September 17, 2010

His First Fair

Oh boy. Yesterday we went to the Puyallup Fair.

I wanted to go last year when I was uber pregnant but the doctor threatened me - if I went into labor up in Puyallup I had to go to the hospital there and that would mean a strange doctor delivering my boy. I was not having any of it. So we skipped last year. First time in ages I didn't go.

So I was super jazzed this year because I knew Marshal would be old enough to have some fun. And he did! :) He barely made a peep the entire time - he was so busy taking everything in. I don't think his head could spin fast enough to see everything at once.

The draft horses really threw him for a loop. But he especially loved the John Deer tent, which was the only "stuff" other than food that we bought the whole time were there.

My first tractor!

Aflaaaaaccccc!!!!

Whoa.

Big horses.

It's the great Pumpkin.

Needless to say, we had a great time even though it was raining most of the time and I was kind of miserable by the end of it. I hate being wet. And, being true Washingtonians, we did not have an umbrella with us. We even sat out in the rain to eat our food! :)

The one thing I wished we had visited was the petting zoo. We went through the barns but you're not allowed to pet the horses or cows. We didn't see the petting zoo until we were leaving and by that point we were done. Maybe next year.

1 comment:

Diaper Girl said...

Is that pumpkin real? I 've never seen anything like it. It would take a while to carve that one for Halloween.