Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy Bee

Boy did I get a lot done this weekend. I made at least 25 pieces of jewelry (when I get on a roll I just keep going) and took over 600 photos! And I still managed to do a load of laundry, do the dishes, and get groceries.

It's one of my least favorite parts of making and selling jewelry - photographing and editing. Blech. I only got 7 of the pieces' photos fully edited and ready to post. I've got hours more work to do.

One thing that was fun is an order I placed on Friday morning came Saturday. Woot! I had an idea which involved some Swarovski crystals of larger stature but I didn't have enough and had to reorder. I love when packages arrive quickly.

Here is one of my new Swarovski crystal pieces...I just love this style of bead and think I might get a few more in other colors.




I finished up this pair that I'd started during the week. Every day I drive home and in the middle of the freeway there's a large grassy area where purple, yellow, and orange flowers are blooming. It is GORGEOUS and I always wish I could stop alongside the road and take photos. Instead I made these earrings...peridot, lemon quartz, amethyst, and citrine.



And this pair I'd been working on for several weeks. They were not easy. I had an idea but getting it to work properly was quite a challenge...more so than I expected.


I used pale pink Amethyst (the larger drops) with a pretty purple Amethyst, gorgeous Tanzanite, and a pop of reddish purple garnet. The hoops are hand formed fine silver.

I should have a lot more pieces to share in the coming week...if I manage to edit the rest of the photos.

1 comment:

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi there, your jewelry is beautifully done. Delicate and lots of fun bling. I found your blog through another jewelry friend's blog, then on the blogger directory for jewelry designs. Still getting to understand this blogging world. If interested, check out a class I am teaching up in the San Juan Islands in Sept. You might like it! Would love to have you. Take care.