Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Finally Some New Work

I had this design in my head for weeks and could not for the life of me find time to sit down and actually make it. My original idea was to use this gorgeous huge green pearl that I have, but of course I couldn't find it. So I went with the pearls I could find.

Cranberry colored freshwater pearl with two garnets,
14k gold filled chain and vermeil clasp.


I also decided to try a new background for my photos. What do you think? It's a really old (pretty sure it's antique) Spanish grammar book that belonged to my great grandma. It's got the coolest texture for a cover.


Looking at other jeweler's photos, I decided that mine were kind of boring. So I started digging through our stuff and am going to start experimenting. I like that, even though the book is a reddish brown, it doesn't seem to clash with the different colors of jewelry. Even the blue pearl looks good (IMHO).

Taking photos is not my favorite part of making and selling jewelry. Hopefully with this different background it'll make it slightly easier. If I can avoid using the mirror as often photos will require fewer touch ups. It is amazing how much dust and particles show up on a mirror in a photo. Insane!

I welcome any and all constructive feedback. =)

Now if I could find some more time in my day I have some more design ideas floating around my noggin. Anyone have a spare hour or three they could let me have???

4 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

The electric blue one is definitely my favorite - it's gorgeous! It definitely pops out in the photo.

No spare time here, just procrastinating. lol

CastoCreations said...

Thank you Storm! =) It's even more pretty in person. My mom was eyeing it. LOL And the cranberry colored one is so elegant and regal in person. I almost want to keep it for myself.

I've forgotten what spare time looks like. *sigh*

Anne said...

I love that blue pearl. It is absolutely gorgeous! I didn't realize that pearls came in so many different colors and especially so vibrant.

CastoCreations said...

Oh my goodness Anne...every color under the rainbow! They have new technologies so that instead of dying pearls, which is temporary, they are permanently colored. I'm a pearl whore! =D