Sunday, May 16, 2010

Why Mess With Perfection?

I'm a big Oreo Cookie fan, which is why I rarely buy them. If I start eating them I have a hard time stopping (although this is a common theme in my life).

So when I got a couple of coupons for the NEW and "improved" cookie from Oreo I was jazzed to try them. Oreo Fudge Cremes aren't exactly what I expected. I think I was expecting an Oreo Cookie covered in fudge - because, um, YUM.


These are more like crisps, with a little filling, covered in fudge. They're good. But they aren't oreo cookie good. At least for me.


There are only 21 cookies in a container, and they are not very big cookies. Smaller than regular oreos.

Not to mention the BEST part of an Oreo is seriously lacking - the filling.


See barely any of the delicious filling that defines Oreo. *sigh* I feel so jipped.

I also tried the mint variety, but they were even worse (as far as any cookie with chocolate and oreo filling can be "worse") than these regular ones. If I had to pick I'd pick the regular, non mint kind any day. They at least remind me of "real" Oreos. And the mint ones are a far cry from Girl Scout Thin Mints.

All in all, I give these a 3 out of 5 stars. They aren't my favorites but if there's nothing else in the house, with a nice cold glass of milk they will work. :)

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for the review! I've seen these in the store, and wasn't sure if I'd try them or not. Now I know I'll only try them if I have a really good coupon for them that will make them cheaper than any other cookie I can buy.

CastoCreations said...

Exactly...I'm not saying they aren't edible. I finished the box last night. :) But "real" Oreos are so much better.

Anonymous said...

I'll stick to my favorites: the regular Oreo with the mint filling. I swear they taste just like Girl Scout cookies!
Teri
sandtcreations.blogspot.com

CastoCreations said...

I haven't had the mint regular oreos in ages, but the new ones with mint aren't that great for sure.