Thursday, August 14, 2008

Excellent Service Matters

I'm sure that I've harped on this before but I have to mention it again. I've always valued great service and when I get outstanding service it really makes an impression. Excellent service is how stores and people get me to come back and become loyal.

Netflix just sent an e-mail that I thought was beyond great. Their DVD shipping service was delayed and my scheduled shipment hasn't gone out yet.

Honestly, it hadn't even occurred to me. I think I was due another DVD yesterday but I hadn't given it much thought. I just finished another one and it will go back today but I still have one DVD to watch.

But Netflix really is on top of things. They apologized for the inconvenience and pro actively are letting me know that if their shipping services aren't available soon I will get a credit to my account. Which is really great of them and as far as I'm concerned is above and beyond. I don't know other services that would let me know this before the fact.

I know that I've had a couple of necklace chains break recently (stupid vendor must have changed their source because the chain is way weaker than it ever was before) and I've had to ask customers to return the necklaces to me for repair/replacement. I absolutely HATE having to ask this because it's not their fault and it's a total inconvenience for them.

To make up for it I made each of them a pair of earrings to match the necklaces. It's the least I can do to thank them for their time and energy. And I hope that it makes up for the fact that their necklace chains broke (through no fault of their own).

I also have stopped using that particular chain.

Does great service matter to you? Does it make you more loyal? Will you let a company know if a store has given you excellent service?

3 comments:

jeweledrabbit said...

Great customer service absolutely matters to me and does make me more loyal.

A little while ago I had to phone my bank to clear up a few matters. The rep who answered me was so fantastic I asked to speak to his supervisor so I could tell him what a great job the rep I dealt with did.

They were both really happy about that. :o)

Roxy said...

I got the same email from Netflix... and I actually did notice I did not receive my usual "we got your DVD" email.

I really appreciate what they did, and I'm a lot less likely to switch to Blockbuster.

I think it's great that you did the same thing for your customers. I'm sure they will keep coming to you. I certainly will!

CastoCreations said...

Thank Roxy! :)

Jeweled...it's great that you let the manager know. :) Woohoo!