Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lots of New Work

Sometimes I outpace my ability (or time) to post new work. I have had about a dozen new pieces done and photographed but have yet to post them all to either my 1000 Markets shop or my Etsy shop. Sheesh. Where does the time go?

These haven't been posted anywhere (yet). So what do you think???

I'm proud of this piece in some ways, and not in other ways. I made the bezel setting myself so that part I'm proud of. But it didn't come together as cleanly as I prefer. There are obvious flaws (which I hate). But all in all I think it's pretty. It might wind up being my mom's someday. :)

I had a bunch of extra scraps of silver laying around on my desk so I just started playing around. I made a bracelet with these funky shapes and had enough links left over for a pendant. It's just random, abstract, meant to look like nothing in particular.

Aren't these cute? Hubby thought they were lame. But I'm proud of myself...I hand formed the shapes myself and I do think they look like what I had in mind ... a birdie and a house (for the birdie?). I then filled in the wire with resin. I made a few other pairs with different shapes but this is the pair that turned out the best.

I have no idea why I haven't posted this one yet. It's a simple ring ... a freshwater pearl - quite thick in a disc shape with great luster. I love how it turned out.

So much to do and so little time to do it.

1 comment:

Eye Shutter to Think said...

I LOVE that cameo - huge fan of them (I have a collection) - there's no way that won't sell fast. Great stuff!