I definitely needed the break from work. I was so lethargic and not caring about much of anything. I've been doing the same job now for 3 years and I still enjoy it - but it isn't nearly as challenging as it once was. But put it together with a nearly full time jewelry business and the challenges come out of the woodwork.
My goals for 2008:
- Buy a Kiln - and use it! But this also means cleaning out the garage. Husband is somehow concerned about having a kiln in the kitchen. *shrugs* As if it's any less dangerous than me playing with a torch?
- Apply for the NWCA - Northwest Crafts Alliance. *gulp* The jewelry category is brutally difficult. I look at the current members and my shoulders sag just a bit. And it's due in 8 days! Eeeek!!!
- Get Better Organized - Sort of a miscellaneous catch all but my work space is still not as organized as I would like it to be. Nor is my record keeping system. I haven't even entered 1/10th of my paper work for 2007. *sigh* Lots to do this month.
- Get rid of or sell supplies - I am overrun with beads and findings that I will never use in a million years. Not only do I need to sell them to recoup some of my money but I need the space for metal, wire, enamel, etc.
- Enter Invoices, Sales, Etc. on a Monthly Basis - I was going to say weekly but that isn't realistic. It would never happen. But I need to at least do it monthly. My stack of paper to input for 2007 is ridiculous.
- Send out a newsletter at least once a month - I started doing that towards the end of the year '07 but really need to work harder at consistency.
Here is to a happy, healthy, and safe New Year.