Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Need to go to the Range

This is why I need to get to the gun range. I'd really like to get a conceal carry permit.

Man Thwarts Grocery Robbery

I have a bumper sticker that says "An Armed Society is a Polite Society"... a bit simplistic but there are so many examples out there where an armed citizen could have stopped the slaughter of innocents.

I don't understand people's fear of guns. But then again I learned to shoot my grandpa's rifle when I was 12. I was able to hit the center of the "O" on a Folder's coffee can from the second story deck at his house. :) Not sure I could do that now but I'd sure like to try.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We went to the range on New Year's Day. It was awesome. Hubby bought himself a brand spanking new Smith and Wesson 45 magnum. We are planning to get out C&C permits this year. It's going to be so great!

Unknown said...

Psst...Megan
As usual, you have fantastic (almost creepy) timing with your subject matter. Right after commenting on your post, hubby called to tell me that the gun is coming home. Pics and the story are now here.
http://jenniferhast.blogspot.com/2008/01/ooh-pretty-and-deadly.html