Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas is Only 37 Days Away

Are you ready???

I'm actually more prepared than I think I am but I need to sit down and write a list of all the gifts I already have and who they are going to. If you haven't gotten all your gifts yet I'll be blogging about some of my favorite sites, stores, items, and artists over the next few weeks.

One gift that I'm super excited to give is for my Mother in Law. I wasn't really sure what to expect when I ordered this but it looked so beautiful that I couldn't resist. Once I got it in person I was awed.


Hand painted on silk by West Egg Studio this pillow is SO well made. I was truly impressed and I think my mother in law is going to love it. Even my hubby asked if we could get one for ourselves ... though I did veto that. With our dogs a gorgeous work like this would be destroyed.

She has so many different designs. I love this one too.

She's also started offering wonderful hand painted and one of a kind Baby Room art.

Here is a blurb from Lori's site. Her pillows being sold on Etsy are a steal!

I have been in the handpainted pillow business since 1995, and I am delighted to offer some of my retired designs on Etsy! You may recognize many of the designs. These pillows are individually handpainted on fine silk, each an original design, and they have sold around the country through the finest retailers, including Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York and Saks Fifth Avenue.

The pillows have been featured in numerous design and trade magazines, including Victoria, Veranda, Southern Accents, Colonial Homes and Florida Design. Retail on the pillows was from $200-400 EACH. The designs featured on Etsy are retired, so I am able to offer overstock at wholesale prices or below. Many of the pillows are no longer in production, and I have only one left of certain designs. I have noted "last one" if this is the case. I am also selling selected handpainted art on silk (not made into pillows), which you can frame or use as you wish. Thanks for visiting West Egg Studio.
I definitely recommend Lori of West Egg Studio for a unique and treasured gift.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there!

I'm kinda dropping by randomly (& kinda dropping by to hit you with my EC) to tell you about this new selling site I found. It's called ArtFire.com & you should check it out.

It's still really, really new (still in beta) but it's heading in a really good direction! They are already buying advertising online & in print magazines to bring in traffic to the site. (It's already got almost as much traffic as indiepublic.com)

It's got stats for shop views so you know where your customers are coming from! I know! Gasp! Faint! Right? hehe

& it's just $7 a month (for the first 5000 artists) to list & sell as much as you can FOREVER. $7 a month no matter what! I signed up on that alone! haha

Anyhoo, it is new so there aren't zillions of people using it (which is good & bad) but I thought you might want to take a look at it. With the ad campaign they are working on kicking in soon (or so they are saying), I think it's going to be a good place to start listing!

If you sign up, give me a yell & let me know what you think!

Always,
Amy

P.S. Don't say that!! 37 days!! Seriously! Crap! haha