Friday, November 21, 2008

New Work

I'm anxiously waiting an order from one of my suppliers so I can play with metal and soldering. In the mean time here are some of my latest listings on Etsy.

These aren't new...I made them earlier in the year. But for some reason I kept forgetting to post them. They're just so pretty ... the photos never really capture how beautiful they are in person. Faceted Peridot teardrops framed by handcrafted fine silver ovals.


I named these Abstract Peek-a-Boo. I don't know why. I am not so good at naming things. I actually made these in a class. They are copper topped with brass that I cut into these funky triangles with oval holes. We were practicing cutting holes in metal (which involved a drill) and cutting shapes with our hand saws. I think they turned out very funky and cool.


These were another classroom creation. We were practicing cutting shapes and soldering brass and copper. I was supposed to put them in the pickle solution and then tumble them but after firing they turned these amazing colors and I decided to leave them as is. :)

1 comment:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.