Friday, February 29, 2008

Leaping Lizards

What the heck is up with Leap Year? I've never really understood the point of an extra day in the year. But I also don't understand the point of daylight savings time either.

So today is an "extra" day for the year. That concept is actually kind of hard to wrap my mind around. Who decided to make this day "extra" anyway? And if they hadn't made the decision where would this extra day go?

Okay...I know...it's not *that* complicated. Wikipedia does a decent job of explaining the definition of a Leap Year. It all has to do with planets and Romans and even algorithms. Sheesh. Too complicated for me.

I just feel bad for those folks born today. They only get a birthday once every four years. I wonder if they get four times the presents though. :)

No comments: