Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Didn't Even Know I was Involved

So I'm glad I don't automatically throw away mail that looks like junk mail.

I open up an envelope today and there's a check in it from some class action lawsuit against the State of Washington. I didn't even know I was part of it ... but I did work for the state for 5+ years. Or maybe it was 4. I can't remember.

And it was for over $200!!!! Which is good since I've spent about that much in the two days. I just made a trip to Jewelweaver and dropped $100. I've been resisting for MONTHS but finally just did it. It helps that they're having a sale. :)

Like I need more beads right? That's the problem with being a bead addict. You can never have enough.

So having this check drop in my lap helps alleviate some of my spending guilt. I guess I should go make some more jewelry now. :)

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Good for you. An unexpected windfall is nice once in awhile. I usually get those kind of checks for 1.25 or something. At least yours is a good one. Enjoy. :)

Unknown said...

That's amazing. I'm with sandee, when I get a check like that it's usually for pennies. Wish I lived in Washington right now!

I tagged you! Go to three times a bridesmaid for the rules.