Thursday, October 23, 2008

Should I Turn the Heat On?

I'm being very stubborn. My fingers are freezing but I refuse to turn the heat on. Not the electric and not the natural gas fire place. Nope. Won't do it.

But I tell you what...my determination is breaking. I am really cold today. The little indoor thermostat says 62 but it feels like 42. Outside it's apparently 46.

So when should I turn the heat on? When I can't feel my fingers? Or should I resort to gloves?

I know I'm being stubborn. Hubby hates it. He would have turned the heat on weeks ago. But he also leaves his computer on 24-7 which ticks me off.

Anyone have stats on the power used by a computer left on 24-7? I know I should look it up myself. *grin* I'm being lazy.

And cold.

5 comments:

Sandee said...

Turn the heat on honey. You can set it at 65 and warm up a bit. Just saying.

I don't know the stats on leaving a computer on all the time, but hubby turns ours off at the power serge strip when he isn't using it. He says it draws a lot of power, even if it's off.

Have a great day honey. Big hug. :)

Bethany said...

I know what you're going through! I won't turn ours on yet either, and my toes are just ice today, lol. I should just go find some warmer socks. Our thermostat says 60 today, but I think the rain we're getting is making is feel colder.

I'm the bad one in our house about leaving the computer on all day. I like to have it at my fingertips, I guess. Maybe I could unplug it and let it run off the battery when I'm not using it... I'm never really away from it long enough for it to run all the way down. But would it just use more to re-charge when I do plug it in? Anyway, you've got me thinking!

CastoCreations said...

Don't get me wrong Bethany...I leave my laptop on all day when I'm home. When I go to work it is off though and at night I turn it off.

It is the worst during the summer though when I'm desperately trying to keep the house cool and he keeps the computer on. It throws off a LOT of heat.

sandee...I survived without turning the heat on! Woohoo!!! The sun came out and it's a little warmer out now. LOL Still cold but not like this morning.

jana said...

Heh. I know just how you feel. I live near Chicago, and it is just wrong, WRONG I tell you, to have the heat on already...

I used to live in Dallas, and I would vow not to turn on the air before April 15. Rarely did I make it.

The point? I am a pansy. I hate the heat. Cold I can live with... I'll just put on that cute sweater I bought on sale last January!!

CastoCreations said...

I'm the same way speakdog...heat SUCKS. I actually like the cold when I get to snuggle underneath warm blankies with a doggy to cuddle with ... oh and hubby too. LOL