Friday, July 18, 2008

A Different Kind of Diet

While fulfilling my promise to visit other blogs more regularly, I visited Bethany at BeppyCat & Co and she of course had me laughing.

She's on a Yarn Diet. Yes, a Yarn Diet.

Addictions come in many different flavors. And apparently Bethany is addicted to Yarn.

Me? I prefer ice cream. But my non-food addiction is pearls. Seriously. I have enough pearls to practically open up my own store.

Some are sitting, waiting to be photographed and added to my Etsy Gemstone shop because I know I'll just never use them in a million years.

But most are stored in a large 12 x 12 Scrapbook paper storage bin...and it's overflowing.


I mean seriously...how many pearls does one person need. I just bought MORE pearls last weekend at a local bead show. They called my name. I couldn't resist them.

I LOVE pearls...they come in so many different shapes, sizes, textures, and colors. The pearl industry (yup...it's a whole big industry) has done an amazing job of making gorgeous, high quality pearls affordable to the masses. And that means gorgeous pearls that I get to use in my designs. I wonder how long it would take me to use all the pearls I have right now. Maybe if I didn't work full time...*sigh*

But I'm thinking I need a Beppy style diet...a Pearl diet.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm jealous of your pearls! Maybe we should just trade yarn for pearls. ;)

But I have figured out that this kind of diet only works if you use up the supplies you have AT THE SAME TIME you're not buying anymore. Otherwise, you just keep not getting to buy yarn (or pearls) because you still have too much. You wouldn't think it'd take a genius to work that one out, but I'm just now getting around to actually using up my stash, even though I haven't really added to it in a year.

Good luck! Maybe you're more disciplined than I am!

CastoCreations said...

I'm definitely NOT more disciplined, trust me. LOL

I think I do have some yarn somewhere that I could trade you. ROFL :) I love yarn too but it doesn't call to me like pearls and gemstones do.