Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Don't Listen to Scientists...

...why should I? They constantly contradict each other.

Eggs are good for you. No eggs are bad for you. No they are good for you again.

Coffee is bad...no good...no bad...but maybe good.

Wine is bad...good...bad...good.

Atkins. Mediterranean. Weight Watchers. No meat. All meat. No carbs. All carbs.

Who the heck can keep track?

And now Saturated fat may find itself vindicated after being the villain of so many diets and health warnings.

The one thing that I know is that every person's body is different. Some people can eat anything they want and never gain weight (my grandfather) and others can't even look at a piece of bread without ballooning up four sizes. We need to figure out what is right for us personally.

I have a fairly high metabolism so that when I'm active I can pretty much eat whatever I want in moderation. However when I start to be a couch potato and not running around busy I balloon up. Lately I've been super busy running from store to store to get awesome discounts and free things. I've been going to agility twice a week with Trooper, which can get quite a workout. And I've been trying to sit at my laptop less. I've also been eating ice cream like there's no tomorrow. So far I'm only up around one pound from my original loss of 17. I do want to try to add back in my arm and middle area weight training because I want that muscle to be better developed.

I'm sure one of these days they'll come out with a study that lifting weights is dangerous to my health too.

Yet another reason to not believe anything "they" say.

3 comments:

Sushi said...

I don't listen to them. I try everything and whatever sits well I stick to it! Just don't abuse your system with large amounts, eat less and more often and you're good to go. Thanks for trying my mug cake. Moderation is key! Have a good day.

Felicia said...

LOL exactly! Thats why we gotta do what we gotta do for ourselves with what works for each of us. Because it works for us not because some says it may or may not work for us.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
*huggles*
=0)

Sandee said...

I'm so with you on this. I remember being scared of using my sweet and low. That saccharine was going to kill you for sure. That was oh...25 or 30 years ago and I'm still here and healthy. Please. It's all about getting their next grant. Just saying. Have a great day. ;)