Saturday, July 19, 2008

Winning Hearts and Minds

The mainstream media may be ignoring all the amazing work our soldiers are doing in Iraq, but thanks to the Internet we can still get the real news.

Via Instapundit, I found Armed and Curious, a great blog of a soldier over there doing the hard work so I can have a cushy life. I wish I could do more than just say Thank You!

Photo by Warrick Page of The National newspaper in the UAE or MC1 William Lovelady

Check out his latest post - Finding Inspiration in Tears of Joy.

I remember when hubby graduated from the State Trooper Academy. It was so emotional - we were all so proud of him. I can only imagine that feeling is 1,000 times stronger for the soldiers and families of Iraqis who will step up and fight for their country. Amazing. It brought tears to my eyes.

History will look back on this time and will confirm that this is a historical moment. Victory rarely comes easily. Sometimes the best things require the most work to be truly appreciated.

No comments: