Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tired Just Isn't the Right Word

What is beyond exhausted? Comatose?

I've wanted to blog for the last few days but just couldn't...I couldn't bring myself to do much of anything (except for couponing which I have to share with you guys at some point).

My house is a disaster, though that's hardly a new thing. I did do one load of laundry last night. Woohoo! Progress.

What I want to do is sit down at my jewelry desk and pump out some new creations - I have several ideas in my pea brain but every time I get home all I want to do is eat ice cream and sleep. I think I'm single-handedly (how do you spell that?) keeping Dove Ice Cream in business. It's seriously the B E S T freaking ice cream evAR.

Oh, speaking of coupons...did you know that if you e-mail some companies they will send you coupons? I wasn't expecting too much but I thought I'd shoot a couple of notes to some of my favorite product creators - including Kashi, Bush's Baked Beans, Dove Ice Cream, and a few others.

How freaking excited was I when I got an envelope from Kashi with four coupons for FREE cereal!!!!!! Oh my goodness. Hubby thinks I'm a nutter but I seriously hopped up and down. I meant every sappy word I wrote to them about how much we love their cereal.

Hubby used to eat sugary crap cereal but about a year ago decided to try a little harder to eat better. He loves their Strawberry Fields cereal and even eats it for dessert on some nights. And I love their Almonds and Flax Seed cereal, which I eat with yogurt.

Bush's Beans also sent me 4 coupons for $ off cans of beans, which we also love. I haven't heard from any other company (other than the standard e-mail reply) but I have my finger's crossed for Dove coupons. :)

It's awesome when companies appreciate their customers. And I totally appreciate mine!!! :) Even though I've been very quiet about my jewelry business (no newsletters in 3 months! EEK!) I still think about folks and wonder how they are enjoying their jewelry.

One of these days I'll get my newsletter out...really...I promise. =)

3 comments:

Barb Smith said...

It's not just you with the loss of the crafting/jewelry making mojo...I just wrote about this same thing. Maybe it's summer and the hot weather or something, ya think?

Ashley said...

I hear what you are saying. I sat down the other day with my new 50 feet of chain and tried to make some jewelry.... I sat there for two hours and got nothing accomplished. And I've only done 2 loads of laundry this week.

You sound exactly like me. I love nothing more than to lay in bed, pop a movie in and eat ice-cream. But my ice-cream of choice is Breyer's Fried Ice-Cream. :)

Crimzen Creative said...

I think many of us are exhausted and taking a break this Summer. I had a vacation and still don't feel refreshed. I saw some of the new stuff and it's great. You just reminded me that I need to work on my Fall newsletter....