Monday, July 28, 2008

Another Angel in Heaven


My friend, coworker, jewelry customer, and fellow Eureka fan passed away peacefully early Saturday morning.

I've written about her sudden diagnosis with cervical cancer. She hadn't had a female exam for 30 years. The cancer was vicious and ravaged her body.

I was blessed to be able to visit her in her home on Friday afternoon, as I wrote about here. I knew she wouldn't be with us much longer and it is a relief that she is no longer in pain. But it is tragic that she had to leave us at all.

Her husband was reading to her from the scrapbook that my coworkers put together - people wrote their memories of Ethel on pages created by several of Ethel's fellow scrapbooking coworkers. He fell asleep and when he woke she had left this world.

I miss her already and I'm trying not to cry (again) while at work.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

:-( I'm sorry for your loss.

Daisy said...

I am very sorry for the loss of your friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm so terribly sorry.

Julie said...

Hugs to you...and to all of Ethel's loved ones.