Thursday, July 17, 2008

Website Technical Stuff Drives Me Bonkers

I am so bad at some things. I just can't wrap my mind around how things like registrars and domain servers work. I got an e-mail notice that my domain registration was about to come up for renewal. I've been with the same company (IPowerWeb) for that for several years. Simplicity is the best thing for me.

But good grief it took nearly 45 minutes this year. I guess they changed their servers over and old information didn't get transferred over. So when I tried logging in it didn't recognize me and when I called in they had no record of me and had to recreate my account.

Thankfully it's done and renewed for 3 years now. Woohoo! Of course, three years from now I'll be totally freaking out about how to renew again. *sigh* This kind of stuff really makes me feel stupid.

As long as my website keeps working smoothly I'll be happy. =)

1 comment:

Sandee said...

What would we do without our Internet? Go really bonkers would be my guess. Have a great day. :)