Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hire Me or I'll Sue

Wow...just wow.

This story had my jaw dropping and eyes popping. Seriously?!?! SERIOUSLY!?!?

A South Carolina breast-cancer survivor has beaten the State Department and convinced judges in Washington that the inability to have sex is a disability protected under federal anti-discrimination laws.

Oh my freaking goodness. You have got to be kidding me. Not only is this ridiculous but it's frightening that she convinced the courts on her side.

In its 2-1 decision, issued Friday, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ruled that Adams has a case against the State Department. Most significantly, the influential D.C. circuit court ruled for its first time that laws that protect people with disabilities from discrimination cover "sexual relations."


Right...so any guy who couldn't get it 'up' can sue their employers or former employers for discrimination. Yeah, that seems like the original intent of the law doesn't it? (insert sarcasm here)

It's things like this that make me feel like the country is going down the tubes. What is WRONG with this woman's brain? She thinks that it's okay to sue a potential employer because she can't have sex? Really? To me that speaks to her lack of common sense and I wouldn't want to hire her either.

Scary. Just scary.

3 comments:

Sandee said...

I saw this yesterday. I had the same reaction you did. What is becoming of us? It's plain scary for sure. Oh, thanks for letting me advertise on your blog. Have a great day. :)

Designing Hilary said...

It's not just a question of what's WRONG with this woman, it's more a question of what's WRONG with the judges!! There are stupid, greedy people around every corner we turn who will always bring frivolous lawsuits against anyone and anything, but for JUDGES to bite this irrationality and let crap get all over the law books? Yikes!

Bethany said...

I don't get it. They fired her for not having sex? Irresponsible lawsuits just get me so mad.