Saturday, June 14, 2008

Are You Loyal to Brands?

I hope some folks are loyal to "my" brand. LOL

But seriously...how do you feel about brands? There are probably millions of dollars (probably more) spent to gain our loyalty. Are you influenced by their attempts?

How do you feel when you see brand placement in movies or TV? I saw a Mastercard placement in my husband's video game! I was disgusted. It's annoying and kind of pathetic. But younger kids who play this game probably won't notice and may possibly be influenced by seeing the brand in their favorite game. I definitely get annoyed by overt product placement and it actually makes me less likely to want to use a brand.

See how other folks answered...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It depends what it is. I can eat bootleg (what is properly referred to as 'store brand') stuff, but I need the actual brand with some stuff. Like cereal. I can taste the difference with generic cereal.

I notice product placement in movies & TV shows. It's irritating.

But to answer your question, I don't think I have a lot of brand loyalty. If I find something I like as much as the original in a generic brand, I'll switch in a hot second!