Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm an Old Fart

I don't know when it happened but somewhere along the road I became that relative. The one who doesn't have cereal in bright colors. The one who has weird sounding juice instead of regular orange juice. The one who likes to listen to talk radio instead of music.

OH DEAR LORD! I got old!!!

My sweet little cousin is 9 3/4 years old (yes, she specified the 3/4) and came to visit us this weekend. Not too long ago I would have Lucky Charms or some such sweet cereal for her to eat in the morning. Now I have Kashi. No orange juice. We have Blueberry Pomegranate. No Ranch dressing for her to dip carrots in. I made her eat a banana at dinner with her hot dog and baked beans.

I automatically switched to the news channel as I always do in the mornings before realizing that the TV should be on cartoons! And in the car, if I'm not listening to Harry Potter on CD, I'm listening to Michael Medved or Rush Limbaugh (though Medved is by far my favorite).

If I were her I'd never want to come back!!! Except for the dogs...the dogs will draw her back in to our old fogie house. :)

She did have an absolute blast at Agility training with Trooper and I on Sunday. One of the trainers let her work with Oreo - an adorable small dog who follows direction from anyone with a hot dog. So she got to run Oreo around the obstacles and didn't want to leave when class was over. =)

So, it's official. I'm lame.

3 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm old too. Imagine that. How cute. Have a great day. :)

Unknown said...

Awww. Age is a state of mind!

I'm an 80 year old in a 35 1/2 year old woman's body, LOL.

CastoCreations said...

hahahahaha Angelika! I've always been an old fart! I used to stay home Saturday nights in high school and crochet or read. Sheesh.