Monday, June 30, 2008

Sassy Questions

One of the blogs I subscribe to posted some questions for her readers and instead of answering them in her comment section I thought I'd share them with you as well. =) Because some are funny questions.

Kodiak smells something funny.

As a child did you ever want to change your name? If yes, what did you want to change it to. If no, why did you enjoy your name so much?

Not that I can remember...my memory sucks. I like my first name and my middle name actually. If I had the choice I'd probably pick my middle name - Elizabeth. I think it sounds classy. :)

What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever said ?

Do I have to pick just one thing? I'm very good at putting my foot in my mouth. On and off line. In fact there are so many that they all start to blend together. One I remember most recently was at Agility. I use the word "retard" a lot. Habit. Been doing it for a good 25 years now you know. When I was in school the PC thing was in full force but I didn't really pay attention.

So I'm at agility and Trooper is acting like a dork. I talk to my dog, as all normal people do, and ask him (in my typically loud voice) why he's acting like such a retard. Of course he responds ... oh wait, no he doesn't. He's a dog! But then I remember that there's a young girl there who is, actually retarded. I can't remember what she has...is it Downs Syndrome? I have a cousin who has Downs. I'm sure she could have cared less and I doubt she even heard me but I felt pretty stupid. She's a real sweet girl (who is terrified of Trooper because he's so big but intrigued by him because he's so pretty) and while I doubt I hurt her feelings, I'm sure her mom or relative was around somewhere. *sigh*

3.)What is your favorite song?

I don't really have one because I like all sorts of music...maybe the theme song from Harry Potter. *grin*

4.) Would you like me to respond to your comment via email or the comments section? or do you even care?

Um...leave a comment here will ya? =)

5.) A turtle and a frog are in a fight, who will win? (Best Question Ever!)

The turtle of course. What the heck is a frog going to do? Hop on it to death? Unless it's a poisonous frog...but you didn't specify. A turtle has a shell and a sharp beak thing. I'd hate to see either get hurt though. I kind of like turtles and frogs. :)

6.) What is your guilty pleasure?

Ice Cream. It tastes sooooooo good and perfect and yummy but afterward I always feel guilty. I'm trying to lose weight and have changed my eating habits (though have slacked lately) to include more fruits and veggies. But ice cream...oh my goodness.

7.) Does your spouse know about your blog? If so, do they read? Do they make fun of you for blogging? Do you want to poke their eyes out when and if they do?

I think he "knows" about it but I doubt he understands just what a blog is actually. He's never read it and I doubt he even knows the address. He did get mad at me once for posting his photo and made me remove it. :( I'm just so proud of him but he values his privacy a LOT. Being a cop makes you a little paranoid sometimes. =)

8.) What is your best feature, personality wise?

Hmmm...I don't know. My sarcasm? My inability to lie? Both get me in trouble more often than not. My sarcasm got me in trouble a lot in my last position here...not directly in "trouble trouble" but because people got the wrong impression of me. I am a hard worker and love to work but my sarcastic responses to "Can you do something for me?" led some to believe I didn't want to work. So I've worked on that. :)

9.) Favorite Tv Show as a Kid? Why?

I have to pick just one? I have always been a TV junkie. I watched Save by the Bell religiously. And as an older kid I watched Seinfeld and Friends.

10.) If you could bring back one canceled television show, which would it be and why?

Off the top of my head a few stand out...Seinfeld, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond. But in retrospect those ended and should stay ended.

Ones that I would LOVE to have back...Alias (I don't know why they took this off the air...as soon as they changed the time/day I lost track of it) because it just kicked so much butt. Also Dark Angel (I'm such a geek and LOVED Jessica Alba in this show). Hmmm...two girl kicking butt shows. I wonder what that says...

11.) Have you ever felt snubbed by a blogger? If so, did you quit reading? Did you email or did you just laugh?

Not that I can recall, but I have a short memory and don't take most things personally.

12.) Is there any subject you would like to see me write about in the future (don’t be scared, all ?

I don't know...I just read because it's interesting regardless of subject. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the turtle will win also. :)

Sandee said...

How cute. Have a great day. :)

Irene said...

Hi,

I have an award for you--come on over and get it!

Bethany said...

I have to know: how do bloggers snub each other? I don't think I'd know if it happened.

I like Saved by the Bell a lot too! My nephew watches it now, and thinks it's really cool. He thought it was a new show because they just put it back on. Cute, huh?

I'd have to say that the show I'd bring back would be Freaks and Geeks. I never watched it when it was on (and probably wouldn't have liked it as much then), but I watched it on dvd, and I just wish there were more of it.

I never really wanted to change my name except to put an "e" at the end of my middle name, Ann. So I could be like Anne Shirley.

Oh, and Ben totally makes fun of me for blogging. Sometimes, he goes, "Thish ish sssho going in my blog." He's a loser, right? :D