Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sick and Sad

My week has not gone so well emotionally. And it hasn't gotten better yet. This morning has been tough. Not only did Trooper Bear wake me up an hour early (so I just stayed up) but I found out that someone who I *thought* was a friend, or at least a good acquaintance, has copied one of my designs. :(

I understand that there are really very few "original" designs out there and this particular design isn't stunningly original or creative but it was one that I hadn't seen anyone else doing so far. And the fact that someone I KNOW has decided it is okay to make and sell an EXACT same design makes me sick to my stomach.

I would never in a million years create and sell something that someone else made even if I didn't know the person. The fact that she KNOWS me makes me it even more painful - I wouldn't be nearly as upset if it were someone I didn't know any which way from Sunday.

And I'm not talking about a plain silver band ring...everyone makes those. Everyone makes hoop earrings and wire wrapped bird's nest rings. I'm not talking about those. I'm talking about a design that was simple but different. And something I've been doing for over a year.

You just can never know someone truly online I guess. I'm just sick about it and haven't decided whether I'll e-mail her or not. :(

THEN my mother in law e-mails me about a Trooper in Federal Way who tried pulling someone over this morning and had a shot gun pointed in his face!!!!!! And the suspect hasn't been caught yet.

Seriously...I want to go throw up! =( This stuff is not what I need in order to recover from this funk. I hope hubby wakes up in a good mood today because I don't think we can handle having us both be in bad moods. I *was* feeling a little better this morning...not anymore.

Oh...and then on the same news site that has the Trooper story...there's a hideous story about a Marine throwing a puppy off a cliff in Iraq. OMG! Please tell me it was a sick joke?!? I KNOW that they aren't supposed to keep dogs over there, but the way they were joking about the "cute little puppy" and then toss it is just so sick and wrong I seriously feel dizzy with sick. I love our military and I support their mission ... things like this make those who hate the military paint all members as monsters. I hope, if this is a true event as it appears to be, that the Marine will be discharged - dishonorably.

I know that many dogs must be killed over there - it is more humane than letting them starve or suffer in the desert - but to joke and throw a puppy over a cliff (AND video tape it!) is sick. And shows a certain mindset that is intolerable. I expect more from professional military members.

Is it Friday yet? PLEASE!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a very hard week for you. You are in my prayers, girlfriend. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sad to hear someone copied your design. That's just not right. You're really having a tough week this week and I hope things look more sunny for you very, very soon!

K. Stahler said...

So sorry to hear about your bad day. It really does suck when other artists copy you... although unfortunately it seems to happen quite often =(

I wanted to say thanks for letting me know my work was on Rare Bird Finds. I wouldn't have known otherwise, I've never been to that site before! I sure hope it brings in some sales =) Thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

I feel sad that you are having a rough week. I want you to know that even though I don't always comment, I always stop by and read your stuff and check on the dogs. Maybe some music would cheer you up. My son is a music major at college and I have learned from him that music can change your life, not just lift your spirits. Go for a brisk walk, listen to some upbeat music, eat something healthy, then watch a funny movie!! The Pink Panther series with Peter Sellers is always worth a few good laughs without having to think a lot.