Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Why Am I Here?

I came to work today. I don't know why. My head hurts even worse than yesterday. I just hate staying home - even though I WANT to stay home.

Plus I've been super depressed lately. And it seems to be picking up steam. Of course, last night's movie viewing experience did not help matters. Have you seen Confessions of a Dangerous Mind? Hideously depressing. No point. One of those movies that is supposed to be 'artful' and 'deep' but ends up being soul sucking and annoying. A few funny moments that made me laugh out loud but otherwise not worth my time. I want my two hours back!

I'm very affected by movies and books. If I'm in a so-so mood to begin with, watching a sad movie will certainly bum me out. Sure enough, I went to bed bummed and woke up still bummed. I need to pull out of it and get back on track. I haven't made jewelry in ... weeks. I have a few ideas and I'd like to sit down and create but I just don't. What I feel like doing right now is laying in bed and staring at the wall.

That's always healthy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being sick in the summer is even worse than it is in the winter. Plus watching a bummer movie on top of it doesn't help. You should go home and watch something funny like Raising Arizona.

Anonymous said...

I hate when I watch one of those movies and I just can't shake it off. I'm sorry you're bummed out lately. Do you take an anti-depressant? I'm proof positive they work. I highly recommend it. I can't imagine going back to the way I used to be. I felt like I was living life on a flatline.

CastoCreations said...

OH don't worry BV...I definitely take anti-depressants. Every single night. I'm not sure why I'm being such a wuss today. And the last few days really. I hate feeling like this because it's so illogical and so unproductive. I'm glad I'm not always like this but when I have these down moments they seem particularly painful. :(

Crimzen Creative said...

You are extremely talented (love your jewelry) and are probably trapped in your head most of the time. You need to be an artist full time and your current situation is oppressive. Hang in there and you'll get through.