Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm a Television Junkie - So What?

Yes, I am addicted to TV. What's your point?

And two of my favorite shows are being renewed for second seasons. WOOHOO!!!

I'm not a sci-fi junkie but I love the show Eureka and I've been wondering what was going to happen since the first season ended. Looks like they're filming now.


Another show that I scoffed at when I initially saw the commercials is Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles. However, after hearing great reviews from Instapundit, I decided to give it a chance and I LOVED it! And it's been renewed too. *HAPPY DANCE*


Now if Psych would hurry up and start new shows I'd be super happy.

My favorite shows...it's a long list.
  • House
  • Bones
  • CSI (the original one only)
  • Law & Order SVU
  • Psych
  • Eureka
  • Sarah Connor Chronicles
  • Criminal Minds (just recently discovered this one and have ordered the first two seasons on Netflix)
  • Moonlight (sexiest vampire since Angel!)
  • Las Vegas (not sure where this one has gone)
  • The Big Bang Theory (geeks are funny)
  • The Office
  • Chuck (come back!!! I miss this one!)
  • Aliens in America (hilarious!)

Favorite Reality Shows (or at least the ones that I am addicted to)
  • Hell's Kitchen
  • Beauty & the Geek
  • America's Next Top Model
  • Farmer Wants a Wife (it's freaking hilarious!)
  • Survivor (of course!)
  • What Not to Wear
  • Deadliest Catch (Sig is HOT!)
  • Lockdown (hubby got me hooked on this one)
  • Dog Whisperer
And lest you think those are the only shows I watch...the History channel and other learning channels are also on frequently.

I even watch reruns -
  • Seinfeld (can never see these too many times)
  • Friends (I practically have them memorized)
  • Everybody Loves Raymond
  • King of Queens
  • Home Improvement (takes me back to my childhood)
  • Frasier
  • Mad About You (haven't seen these anywhere lately)
Issues? Um. Yes. Absolutely. I can't be at home without having the TV on somewhere in the house. Sometimes I turn all three TVs on so that when I go from one room to another it's on. Sad, I know. That's usually when I'm home alone though. Hubby hates when I do that. But when he's not home it's too quiet.

What's your favorite TV show? Or are you one of those amazing and crazy people with no TV? I can't even comprehend that. However, I don't want my future children to be as nuts as me so somehow I'm going to have to cut back. Maybe that's why we haven't had kids yet. LOL =)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

My fave show at the moment is L&O:CI. We call Gorren the "Bug Man" since he played that character in "Men In Black". LOVE the man's expressions in the show.
I'm with you tho about having a TV on somewhere when I'm home alone, but that doesn't happen too often.

Deb DiSalvo said...

Oh....I LOVE TV and have a child - yikes!!! Let's see - my favs are:
Lost, Top Chef, Project Runway, Brothers and Sisters, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Workout...too many to name AND I watch Guiding Light - I have been since I was in 8th grade - let's see, thats been for about the last 25 years!
Cheers, Deb

Anonymous said...

I love L&O SVU, House, ER, The Office, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Greys Anatomy, Jon & Kate plus 8, The Chelsey whats-her-face show, and many more.

Daisy said...

We watch America's Next Top Model, too! But we prefer Top Chef to Hell's Kitchen. And we cannot wait for the next season of The Amazing Race and Project Runway!

Roxy said...

I watch almost all of the same shows and then some. Never thought to list them out.

Anonymous said...

I live for Bones and NCIS, then House, Two and a Half Men, Criminal Minds, CSI:NY, and also Chuck and Reaper. Then....I lust after Mick the hottest Vamp ever!!
I round every night off with Hogan's Heroes reruns because I've seen all the Home Improvement episodes at least 10 times!!! But I'm not addicted....or am I?

Bunny B said...

MY hubby loves Psyche! So that makes me love it too! LOL! :) I love CSI (ori) as well. But I don't mind watching the others when there's nothing on :P

Anonymous said...

When Salli Richardson had a few movie roles, I had assumed that Eureka wouldn't come back. Or it would be retooled. Apparently, she didn't drop the show.

I have to admit I was very hooked on the Sarah Connor Chronicles. It sort of ended on a cliffhanger/wondering if Cameron survived the explosion or was in too many pieces.

Anonymous said...

I'm a reality tv junkie! At least you watch other things too. I don't watch anything outside of reality unless it's Grey's Anatomy (which I adore!)