Thursday, May 1, 2008

Unique Gift Ideas for the Non Crafty Moms

I posted a few days ago about fun gifts for the crafty moms out there. I know from personal experience that not all moms are so craft-inclined. Mine included - though she is more talented than she will ever admit. She prefers gardening.

Does your mom love art? Check out this amazing piece of work by Shayla Maddox. It's fabulous! 100% of the purchase price goes to charity. If hubby's style weren't so completely and totally opposite of this gorgeously colorful piece I'd be saving up for it.


Does your mom like to write special notes to people? How about a combo gift. A gorgeous set of handcrafted hummingbird cards by Turtle Papers together with a hand turned wooden pen made by Wooden Pen Works.


And of course the ever popular jewelry! Of course, I am slightly biased, but I think my jewelry makes a pretty nice gift for any occasion. :) I just started selling these sweet Cherry Tree Birthstone necklaces and I plan to make one for my mom and mother in law. A slight twist on the birthstone necklace.

The large pendant (not listed anywhere but it will be $110 + shipping - you can contact me through my site or Etsy for one) holds up to 4 stones. The medium pendant holds up to 3 stones. The small holds up to 2 stones.


I'm also planning a bracelet option using the small pendant. Never enough time in the day to do all the things I want!

But while I like to think I am, I am not the only jewelry designer out there. :) So here are some of my favorites - with a wide variety of styles and prices for every mom out there!



Mud and Mint - Flowers and Bubblegum - $18

Lava Valley Girly - Faux Pearl Drops - $7
(I'm not a big proponent of "cheap" jewelry but this seller is an exception. She does a fabulous job and has come such a long way with her designs since I first met her. Her quality is not cheap.)
Is that enough to get you started? I wouldn't cry if someone bought me that first pair of earrings. *grin* Talk about drop dead gorgeous.

I'll keep looking for interesting and unique ideas for mother's day. There are still a few days left to get on time shipping.

3 comments:

:-) MaryLou said...

That pendant is beautiful! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your pendant. It is lovely. I am also a bit taken with Shayla's art. You have excellent taste. Feel free to send any of these items to me for Mothers Day!

Barb Macy said...

Thanks, Megan! Now I know where all those views came from! Great selection of gifts!