Friday, May 9, 2008

Interesting Happenings - Week of 5/5/08

Raisins of Mild Inconvenience - best line ever!

Taxing iPod downloads?!? Insanity!

Domestic Abuse is wrong - even when a man is the victim.

No Knock Raids - I keep reading these stories and since I don't know any crooked cops I find it so hard to fathom this kind of abuse. I do wish the people commenting in the article weren't so loose to throw around "cops" as a generalized negative term. So many cops are GOOD people and doing hard work. Those who allow this kind of travesty of justice should be dealt with appropriately.

More Militarized style raids by police - results in a dead officer and destroyed family. I don't know who to believe in this case but it's sad regardless. I don't tend to side on the side of the accused but this case might deserve it.

More Coupon Clipping & Savings Sites to check out...I'm on a roll here.
The Coupon Mom
Coupon Tips and Tricks
Consumerism Commentary


Did the Earth once have multiple moons???

What a novel idea? I contribute money and that is my balance! "...Personal Saving Account plan would transfer a significant part of Social Security payments to a Personal Security Account system in which the amount of benefits would directly reflect the amount of contributions..." Duh.

Politicizing GI Benefits - not cool. A new/revised GI Bill should be a stand alone piece of legislation. Argue the other issues out later. Idiots. Our soldiers, airmen, marines, and all armed forces personnel deserve better.

Push Presents - Seriously? Please tell me none of you required a gift after giving birth!!!

A government agency runs into complications? I'm shocked! Shocked I say! Direct Deposits of those stimulus checks may be delayed.

Why we need to vaccinate.

Since when does the US have 57 states??? Me thinks someone is a wee bit tired...

No comments: