Saturday, March 1, 2008

Who's the Snakeoil Salesman?

Okay...I haven't been to public school for 10 years. Actually more like 12. Wow. Has it really been that long?!? How sad.

Age aside...there's clearly something broken in some of our nation's schools. And once again, Drew Carrie gets to the point.



My kids will probably end up attending a private or charter school if I have anything to say about it. At least there the Teacher's Unions aren't in charge. It's supposed to be about the children, not the teachers. And while I agree that some union roles are important, when it comes at the expense of the students it's time to slap down the union leaders.

I'd rather "disrespect teachers" than let kids fail.

This story is incredible and I wish more teachers (with parents) would stand up and fight against the district administrators and union.

No comments: